Who says you can’t rock Sequins?!?!
This weekend I had the pleasure to see the fabulous Ethnicity Brand 2017 Collection by D.C. fashion designer Desmond Handon.
I will be straight up, I have never heard of him or his brand until recently however I was very impress with what I saw.
Let me tell you a bit about this Fashion Designer extrodinaire !
EthniCITY is a fashion and production company founded by Desmond Handon in 2010 . The company produces runway and street wear designs as well as jewelry and other custom accessories for men and women.
EthniCITY brand pushes the boundaries with its custom garments and jewelry providing its clients with the sophistication of New York City’s fashion runways and the flavor of DC’s streets. The company’s name—“EthniCITY”—draws on the diversity of fashion and culture found in the Washington, DC area.
Now that you know who he is and his brand. Here are a few pictures from the collection!!
EthniCITY 2017 Collection
Me and Fashion Designer Desmond Handon
Well Paris Fashion is officially over. I’m loving all the looks from the top fashion designers. We look at all the hot looks for S/S17 to see how we can incorporate a replica of what we saw.
Well my favorite looks from the run way was all the accessories and how each designer made sure they paired the smallest detail to each piece was unique in there own way.
Below are my favorite detail from each designer. Well until 2017 Fashion Week, enjoy!!
Yesterday I had my Pop Up Summer Styling Session!! I knew I wanted to be cute but comfortable, because I knew I would be on the move a lot and on my feet for hours.
So I grabbed my black dress from Target, distressed jeans from fashion to figure,orange necklace from Charming Charlie’s and my stylish black wedges from Payless.
The outfit was perfect and the session was an success!!
Louis Vuitton presented their collection today in Rio de Janeiro at the city’s Niteroi Contemporary Art Museum which was designed by Oscar Niemeyer.
This show brought in slew of celebrities, journalist,bloggers,and their guests. The best was how they transformed this place into a show place where models walked down the red ramp and around its outdoor plaza, where multicolor stools were set up for guests.
I love the bold graphics, red,white, and blue maxi dresses with a panel skirt, and thong sandals. Here are few looks from the collection.
A lot people want to know where did my inspiration of style and fashion come from, well the answer is my mother.
My mother was the real life Joan Collins to me. She was pretty, smart and stylish.
I watch my mommy get ready everyday,(yes, I called my mother, mommy) put her clothes on, makeup and perfume. She was actually the first curvy lady I saw with style way before the curvy and plus size blew up!! She was the ultimate style chic!
My mommy is in heaven now but she left me with a few tips that I wanted to share with you style chic’s.
1. Have good manners– A lady/style chic always displays good manners in every situation. Yes mama no mama, and thank you go along ways.
2. Designer Original– Don’t try to be anyone else but who God has created you to be. Be the best you, you can be. When He made you, He broke the mold.
3. Never Be In Competition– Whether it’s your biological or a sister/friend bond. Always be there to lift her up and cover her. When she win, you win and when you win she wins. There is enough room at the top for everyone.
4. Keep it Classy- Never let anyone take you out of your character, always keep it classy. My mother would always say, “never let them see you sweat.”
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there!!! I hope you have a wonderful day of celebration!!
It’s almost summer and there are a few pieces you would want to have in your wardrobe!
1. Stripe Jumpsuit-Strips are hot for the summer. Even if you are not sure about the jumpsuits, try incorporate stripe shirt, skirt or pants.
2. Denim Shirt- Denim is definitely to go to trend for this season. You can dress this cute shirt with a skirt, skinny white pants, and color block with a pair of dark denim jeans.
3. Lace Skirt- Lace is sexy and you can wear lace with a cute jacket or a low cut blouse for that date night.
Hey!! Let me know what picks you are going to try this season!!